occupado

Saturday, October 21, 2006

Been awhile since my last post so I thought I'd throw somethin up. Watched a couple movies this week, I'll give an improptu review. The first was Man of the Year, the new Robin Williams flick. Wasn't quite what I was expecting. He did a good job but the movie itself lacked the feel of a good Williams picture. The trailers make it up to look pretty funny but its one of those films that shows you all of the funny moments in the commercials. It seemed like it was more serious than funny most of the time. So yeah, wasn't a big fan of this one. Since this is my first review I've gotta think of a rating system. I'm gonna go with strudels. Cause I'm Danish. So out of 5, I give this 1 Strudel. If you guys can think of a better rating system, I'm open to suggestions.

Next film was a new to DVD release, Click, Adam Sandler's latest movie. I may be a bit biased cause I'm a huge Sandler fan, but I thought this was a pretty good movie. Lately it seems like hes been trying to branch out and do something other than comedy, and this was kind of a combo of serious acting and comedy. He pulled it off well. It had its own little classic Sandler-esque moments but it also had a really good message behind it. The basis of the story is this guy is stretched to thin between work and family life, and he gets a universal remote control that controls his universe. He is able to fast forward through the boring parts of his life so he can concentrate on his work. The remote starts taking on a life of its own and before he knows it he's skipped through his entire life. The message says don't take life for granted, enjoy every moment cause it goes by to fast. Its a great story, well done by the writers, directors and actors. 4 Strudels.

Lets see, went to Knotts this week, it was fun. My accomplice was scared going around every corner, and it made for a good laugh. Got my papers back for class, A on both and a 90 on my midterm which was awesome. Smallville is gettin good with the Green Arrow plotline. Heroes was awesome again as usual. I'm tellin you, watch it.

Played poker twice this week, finishing a strong 2nd both times. Unfortunately in our games its all or nothin, so if you don't get 1st you don't leave with any money which was dissapointing. But it was good times. I've gotta make people start pitchin in on beer though, it can get expensive.

I think thats it. I've got an exciting week of writing more papers in front of me. Panthers are on tv tomorrow against the Bengals, should be a good game. Alright all, toodles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home