occupado

Saturday, November 18, 2006

Ooo its been a busy last couple of days. First I'd like to start with a bit of a rant. Who the hell pays $5000 for a PS3? Is it really worth that much extra money to have it a month before the neighbor kid? As I'm sure most of you know the PS3 came out on Friday, people were shot over their places in line, held up for their systems after they buy them. I sincerely hope that anyone that actually got one of these systems yesterday is selling them, because thats the only reason i could see someone waiting in front of Best Buy for 5 days to get one. You figure you sell it for like $4000 or so, and yeah thats worth campin out for a couple of days. Otherwise its just insane. This friend of a friend actually ended up with 5 of them, how I don't know. But he figures to come up on some grande bank.

We had a game on Thursday, got wooped. I pitched like shit, our outfielders didn't hit their cutoffs, infielders didn't stop, catch, or throw properly. So yeah we lost like 20-2ish. But new girl did better, she got 2 hits and we threw her at catcher so she couldn't mess up to much on the field. We had another new chick too, so we actually had enough to put a full team on the field. Hoorah. After the game we went for some drinks at my buddies house. It was good time, I cut a perverbial rug, got my drink on and what not.

Yesterday we had our tournament de foster at my friend dannys house. I'm gonna tell a small story leading in. Last time I played poker with this chick Kalani I felt bad cause I took a bunch of her money. So I told her if she made it to the final 2, and I was the other, I would let her win. So she is almost out but she makes this amazing run back, much like I did cause I was almost out too, and it ends up bein me, her and this other guy mando. She busts him, so its just us left. Damnit, now I have to make a decision if I wanna keep my word or just beat her. I took option A, cause I figure its always good to be a man of your word, or something like that. So yeah, I get 10-2, take it to the turn, i have no pair, theres 3 overcards on the board. I tell her I'm going all in, and you should call, signaling she should be able to beat me. So she does, flips her cards, she's got 10-8. 8 comes on the river, she wins. Like I told her I'd let her. But then the rest of the night she's talkin all this nonsense about how she beat me and I didn't let her win. For those that know me and about my competitiveness, this is the biggest sin i could do, intentionally lose at something. But I did, cause I told her I would, but if I'm gonna let you do that, you'd best just take the money and run, cause if you talk smack its just gonna fuel the fire for the next time i play you. so yeah, I'm waiting for a rematch.

Finished my papers today, finally. Only took a little over 8 hours apiece. But thats the last real work I have to do this quarter. Now I just got finals next Monday, and hoorah, month off.

Panthers-Rams tomorrow in Carolina, 10 am. We should win, move to 6-4, and if Atlanta loses to Baltimore like I'm expecting and then New Orleans loses to Cincinatti, like I hope they will, (even though with the way Cincinatti has been so up and down this year I'm not sure. But yeah if that happens and we win, we'll move into a first place tie with the Saints, but technically we won head to head so we would be ahead in the tiebreaker. So everyone wear your panther blue, and boo those falcons and saints!

I guess thats it. Leave some comments or something, from what I hear recently theres more than the 2 people that I thought read this blog out there, so hit me up and let me know, via comment!

2 Comments:

Blogger Jeans Pants said...

Dude, Im about to go wait in line for a nintendo wii. its midnight now, they open at 8 am. Im a loser

12:07 AM  
Blogger Inez said...

it's just me and justin buddy...someone lied to you...hehe..j/k...glad to hear things are lookin up. : )

1:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home