occupado

Monday, November 06, 2006

Ok, been awhile since my last post, and I've got a lot of crap to put up here. Some interesting, some probably not so much. Alright, first things first.

The movie I went to see that wasn't the movie I thought I'd see:

So on Friday I went to see a movie after class, and I wanted to see the magic movie with Batman -vs- Wolverine. I'm lookin through the movie times, and all I see is The Illusionist. I knew there was another magic movie called the Prestige, but I couldn't remember which was which. Since there was no Prestige playin anywhere in the desert, I figure it had to be The Illusionist that I was looking for. So we go and sit in the theater, credits start rollin. I see Edward Norton. I see Jessica Biel. I see Paul Giamatti. I turn to my brother and say "I didn't know they were in this movie." Thats when the credits stop and movie starts. No Hugh Jackman. No Christian Bale. No Michael Cain. At first I thought maybe its a trick and they're not putting the other names first for whatever reason. Yeah, that was not the case. So I end up sittin through a 2 hour magic murder/love/mystery story when I just wanted to see Batman and Wolvie duke it out magic style, where I end up seein Smoochy (as in Death to Smoochy, another great movie that no one has really seen with Norton and Robin Williams) and the crippled basketball star from 7th Heaven. The Illusionist was however, a pretty good movie. Luckily it was playin at the $1 theater, or else I may not have sat through it cause I didn't know if I would like it. But yeah it was pretty good. Jessica Biel (hot!) plays this dutchess that is set to marry the prince, but she doesn't really love him, she loves this magician that she was friends with as children, but she had been forbidden to see him because he was a commoner. So the magician takes off, comes back to Vienna 15 years later with all these bad ass magic tricks. They meet again, the sparks flash again and they try to find a way to escape from the prince. I won't give anymore away to the plot of the story cause I think you guys should see it if you haven't already cause its a really good movie. I give it 4 1/2 strudels. I'm a big Edward Norton fan, and he didn't disappoint. Jessican Biel did a good job too, I could have sworn that after she made Stealth and Summer Catch she had just given in and admitted her career was over. Way to bounce back.

Spent another weekend with the kids from Fat Rabbit Farm at the Thai Temple in North Hollywood. It was cool, we did better than we had done the previous week at the PMX. Lots of asian people, again. One really really annoying person yelling "Five dolla, five dolla..." but with that thick asian accent. That got old really fast, I wanted to hit her.

Went to a party on Saturday night at my friends house, had a pretty good time. I shotgunned my first beer that night. Quite the experience, didn't know I could drink that fast. Got to play in a bouncy house, did some dancing, all around good time.

Went to the batting cage yesterday, took some hacks to get ready for our game tomorrow, assuming we can get enough chicks to play a game. I did good, many a solid hit came off my bat. Note for future: don't let 5 year olds in the cage, even when its slow pitch. Swing coordination is key, and apparently Cody didn't have that yet. I let him get in for a few pitches, but he doesn't stay in his stance when he swings, so one of the balls came in and whacked him pretty good on the hand. I guess I learned my lesson.

Ok I guess thats it for today, hopefully I'll post more often so I don't have to put so much crap into one blog. Heroes tonight, make sure to watch. Their secret is out!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jeans Pants said...

Ah Man that sucks about the movie. It's cool you watch Heroes. Im sure its better than The OC =0)

1:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home