occupado

Monday, November 20, 2006

Oh golly what a fantabulous day! Starts out with my Panthers shutting out the high octane Rams offense and winning 15-0 at home. Then Atlanta loses to Baltimore. Then New Orleans loses to Cincinatti. After all is said and done in the NFL world for week 11, the NFC South looks like this:
Carolina Panthers: 6-4
New Orleans Saints: 6-4
Atlanta Falcons: 5-5
Tampa Bay Buccaneers: 2-8
Since we beat New Orleans earlier in the year we own the tiebreaker and first place. I knew it was only a matter of time before we came around and started playin better football, and our defense stepped it up big today, so way to go. Yeah. That's really what was so great about the day. As a professional gentleman of leisure, I end up with a lot of free time on my hands, so football Sundays usually is my most exciting day of the week.

Went out to dinner with the folks today, went to Applebees. It was alright. My mom is leaving tomorrow to go visit my uncle in Arkansas for Thanksgiving, leaving me, brother, son and dad all by our lonesome. Not looking forward to that. I guess we're going to San Diego on Wednesday to spend the holiday on vacation. Not really how I wanted to spend it, I'm way cooler with my mom and can't stand my dad the majority of the time, so this could end up being the worst trip ever. I was lookin forward to goin to visit my uncle with my mom, and also swing by OK City and visit my good buddy who's stationed out there, but alas, school and constant nagging by my father prohibited me from making that trip. So this is where I stand. Whatever, we'll see how it goes. I'm takin the little guy to Sea World when we're down there, that should be fun cause it'll be just me and him. I took him there with his mom when he was 1 but I'm sure he doesn't remember, and now that its just me and him I need to look for more stuff like this to do with him. Being in the desert doesn't lend much as far as cool places to go.

Last day of school is tomorrow, well technically at this hour its today, before finals. Thats awesome cause CSUB only makes you go one day then the rest of the week is off so you can study for finals. Got my papers done, which is a big load off my chest. This next quarter feels like its gonna be even more stuff though. Found out I need to take one more lower division class so I can get my degree, so I'm gonna take an intense course of beginning keyboarding skills over the winter intersession at the JC out here. That's right, 5 intense weeks of learning to play an electronic keyboard. That's gonna be at the same time that I'm takin my 3 winter classes at CSUB, then I'm gonna take 2 other classes at AVC during their spring semester, which will carry between the winter/spring quarters at CSUB. So all in all I'll be taking like 6 classes over the next 6 months. Heavy load, but thats what I gotta do to get this damn schoolin done with. Goal is to be done with degree by Fall 07, then take those last couple quarters to get my credential, and then start teaching in Fall 08. So look out students, I'm on my way to corrupt young minds throughout the desert. Hopefully it won't be the desert though, ideally I'd like to be out in San Diego when all is said and done.

Ok, thats enough for now. I know theres more I wanted to say but its late and I'm tired, so perhaps while I'm sitting in class tomorrow I will put up some more blabber.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jeans Pants said...

Good Luck, I hpe you get to graduate next year. Fall Graduations are beter because there smaller.

7:13 PM  
Blogger Inez said...

you'll get through it dude. and i'll be here to distract the whole way through...hehe..j/k

7:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home